Retail Stocktaking Services
- February 4, 2022
- Posted by: admin
Retail Stocktaking Services
Retail Stocktaking services in Kenya examine, count, and value goods held by a store or Business. Stocktaking can include the actual counting and weighing of stock. If we have some interests on sale or return at the stocktaking date, they should not be included in our stock valuation.
WHY HAVE REGULAR STOCKTAKES?
1) Retailers are advised to seek regular retail stocktaking services in Kenya; if their Business is managed by staff, then we suggest quarterly checks.
It is common knowledge that the most significant area of stock losses can be through customer pilferage, stock not being checked in properly, shortages not being identified on delivery, internal staff pilferage, etc. So having quarterly stock checks acts as a strong deterrent as well as accessing which areas stock is missing.
If the owners run the Business, then six monthly or yearly is quite adequate.
2) Taking regular stocktakes enables you to monitor your gross profits and shows any areas where these profits are falling short and can therefore be adjusted quickly, minimizing any losses.
Security in any business is vital to its success; regular stock checks reduce and, in many cases, stop internal pilfering, which can save owners a lot of money; if pilferage remains unchecked, it will, in many cases, escalate to levels whereby the Business can fail.
Taking an annual retail stocktaking services check is vital to enter a correct closing stock figure in your accounts; estimation by accountants or guessing the figure yourselves is no longer acceptable to the Inland Revenue and Customs and Excise; they like to see an independent company providing an accurate evaluation of stock presented on a certificate of valuation, failing to carry this out correctly can lead to investigations from both these departments which in turn could be extremely costly.
Regular stock checks also identify over stocking, under stocking, the stock lost through date expiry, and damaged or soiled stock.
3) Apart from as mentioned above with regards to the various government departments wanting to see an independent professional valuation, the benefits of using a professional stocktaking company experienced in your trade is that you can be sure of the accuracy, they will be quicker and qualified to access your stock professionally, if you take into consideration that professional stocktakes make a living at this profession. If they have been in Business for some years, it assures you that they are competent to perform the task correctly; otherwise, they would have ceased to trade.
Although we offer a wide range of services, retail stocktaking remains our core business.
Benefits of retail stocktaking services in Kenya for your Business:
• Accuracy Our highly trained team of direct employees can guarantee accurate results for all the stocktakes we undertake. Increased stocktaking accuracy reduces out of stocks and over stocks.
• Personnel A dedicated team of experienced auditors allows your staff to concentrate on your customers. Our professional management team performs regular performance reviews, ensuring consistently high levels of accuracy.
• Technology Utilizing our in-house stocktaking software allows us to integrate easily with most retail systems.
• Increased Sales They increased on-shelf availability, supporting stock visibility to increase sales. Stocktakes are completed outside trading hours resulting in minimum disruption to staff and customers.
Why choose an external retail stocktaking service in Kenya?
Employing an external stocktaking company to carry out your audits ensures you get accurate stock level reports and gross profit calculations for reliable results within your annual accounts.
Carr Stocktakers offer a professional stock count service. We use scanning and data capture software to generate a detailed report for your Business, showing you where you could be saving money or even maximizing profits.
Because we are independent, we will give accurate accounts of your physical stock without you having to rely on yourself every time to get this done. We live in uncertain times of high staff turnovers and longer working hours, which can lead to undercharging, theft, and unknown damages. Let us do the hard work for you, bring our barcode scanning devices to your premises, and carry out our impartial and professional service.
Why choose us?
- Accurate stock files – We make it easier to check stock anomalies, ensuring counts do provide an accurate valuation
- Increased on-shelf availability – Supporting the visibility of stock to increase sales and customer experience
- Improved operational efficiency – We’ll provide a stocktaking preparation guide to the site
- Dedicated auditors – To allow your co-workers to concentrate on your customers.
- Exclusive teams – Our colleagues will become your colleagues and will develop familiarity with your business processes
- Reliable cycles – We always stay on schedule to maintain accuracy
- Flexible scheduling – We are available whenever you need us
- Highly efficient counts – Completed without disruption to staff and customers
Trusted and accurate results
- Experienced auditors – Providing independent validation.
- Tailored service – To achieve your critical objectives and specifications
- Instant data results – Visibility and reconciliation performed to your specification through our intelligent client portal